Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stila Contouring Trio!

Stila Haul!
My very first Stila make up! ahaha This baby was one of my first generation in my make up collection. Was given to me and first i wasn't familiar with Stila back then. Glad i kept it after researching how expensive Stila cosmetics were!
Photobucket
You can pretty much tell how old this baby is cause by the looks of it i have been a bit careless with it so its a bit dirty and really looked used!
Photobucket
Contains 3 plates
Photobucket
Used this for my contouring and sometimes as a eye makeup.
You can do so much with this trio. 
Photobucket
This trio became my everyday use palette. The dark shade works perfectly for contouring the face. I use it along my forehead near the hairline, the side of the face and chin. It works very naturally but didn't make my face dull. I like the flash color too. I use the flash color as bronzing at the lower cheek which make my face skimmer. The light color is very normal but very useful. I normally use it at under-eye areas, a little on the forehead up the brow and middle of the nose. Helps define you facial features.
Photobucket
Here to show you a simple and some basics of contouring and highlighting you facial features. 
I used these face charts before i got so into makeup to guide me in how to utilize this palette.

For this, i used the "Dark" shade but REMEMBER to blend blend and blend after applying so that it wont look too obviously faked your facial features. Blend those harsh lines to give a more natural looking features.
Photobucket
Second step is highlighting. I have blogged some info about highlights CLICK HERE IF YOU MISSED IT!. This is another great type of highlighter cause as mentioned on my blog before i had creamy finish type of highlighter which is great for blending but if you dont wanna buy a separate or another high lighter, any neutral cream shade is perfect it can be a eyeshadow or even a blush as long as its a light creamy nude shade NOT WHITE! cause white tends to be fake looking for my opinion only as much as possible we want to have a very natural looking features.
I used the "Light" shade for this.
Photobucket
I love this signature packaging of Stila very unique and chick but not a good to go palette cause its a bit big to carry especially for on the go girls out there. But quality wise very nice!
Photobucket
Hope that was helpful!
BYE!